Thursday, November 12, 2009

Coaching

When talking about baseball I am still just like a little kid even though next week I will be turning 28. Last spring and summer, I had my first real opportunity to get into coaching. It has been an amazing experience and something I have always seen myself diong and will in all likelihood continue to do for the rest of my life.

I am presently the Assistant Baseball Coach at Brebeuf Jesuit Preparatory School in Indianapolis. Last year, I served as a volunteer coach. It is great being part of school taking a great deal of pride in their baseball program. The varsity team last year went 23-8 before losing in the State Semi Finals. We had a number of seniors graduate and some who will be playing collegiate ball. This year, the team will be returning our entire junior class. Our Junior Class is made of our 14 individuals. Needless to say, I am excited about the opportunity to work with this great group of individuals again.

This week, we had our annual Parent's Meeting and winter workouts will begin right after the Thanksgiving holiday. I am excited to be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment